Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: sonic 23 speed (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Gérald Bruneau (IP Logged)
Date: 09/14/2006 01:18PM

Hello M. D'Alassio,

I am a new sailor and I look for a Sonic 23 for my first boat. The boat I look for is out the water since 2000, base on your experience what are the major things to check before buying? Are you providing expertise for survey?

Re: sonic 23 speed (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Gary Eaton (IP Logged)
Date: 09/24/2006 11:29AM

Hi,
My son and I bought a Sonic 23 hull 001 this spring. We've called her the 'Nautalot'. A great boat! She sails well in light or brisk winds. Visit our blogspot for pictures, video and a copy of the original sales brochure.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy james (IP Logged)
Date: 10/17/2006 05:30PM

Hello, im about to buy an 82 sonic 23. The owner is asking 9000 with the trailer 4 sails, all safty equipment.What i would like to know is where can i find information on it and to know if this is a reliable boat( its my first sailboat) and if its an easy boat to lean on.Also when i become able enough i would like to sail it from quebec to the bay of fundy, is it large enough to do it , any info is greatly appreciated, james

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy REJEAN SONIC23 (IP Logged)
Date: 10/19/2006 09:22PM

HI,everyone.I have a sonic23 1979 hull# 3 and don't know if the fiberglass is POLYESTER BASE or EPOXY BASE for build this sailboat .... do you know????????????????????????????????

REJEAN SONIC23

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Jean (IP Logged)
Date: 01/01/2007 02:50PM

I also own a Sonic, here is what they mention about the hull: "Molded fiber-glass construction, alternate layers of hand lay-up matting, roving. High glass to resin ratio, for greater strength". Hope this help...

Re: Sonic sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Mike (IP Logged)
Date: 02/25/2007 11:19PM

Hello Folks

I just found this site. Wow - very nice - I had given up hope of finding any kind of site for Sonic 23's.
I've had my Sonic for almost 10 years now - love it, love it, love it.
24 years old and when she's all cleaned up and varnished she is the prettiest boat in the marina - of course new sail covers helps a bit.
I'd love to share some tips and tricks with others - for example this year for the first time I stored it with the mast up. I'll let you know how that works out.
I am berthed in Hamilton, Ont. and would love to share ideas with other Sonic enthusiasts.

Cheers
Mike

I have a Sonic 23 for sale (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Don Henderson (IP Logged)
Date: 03/06/2007 11:33PM

1981 Sonic 23, sail # 68. Dry and sound - all navigation equip. 8hp 2005 4 stroke Nissan electric start, with battery, charger and separate tank. 7 sails including 2 Mylar Genoas. Spinnaker and pole. Custom trailer to move and store. Tandem axle. Complete interior with Head. Lying Port Rowan, Ontario. 519-586-8015

Re: I have a Sonic 23 for sale (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Sails and Furlers)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Charlie MacAdam (IP Logged)
Date: 03/17/2007 04:03PM

I just bought my Sonic last year. Great summer of sailing. The boat came with a jib and a main. There were many days when I felt I needed more sail. I would like to get a genoa. Any ideas on how much I will have to spend. Would prefer to get a second hand Genoa. What are the dimensions?

Re: I have a Sonic 23 for sale (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Sails and Furlers)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy James (IP Logged)
Date: 03/20/2007 06:40PM

According to the Sonic Brochure a genoa 150% would be 216 sq. ft. By the way you will need the I & J Dimensions to order a new genoa. I is 27 feet and J is 10 feet. I guess you will have to spend a bit over $1000.

Re: (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Boat maintenance) (Ideas and gadgets)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Charlie (IP Logged)
Date: 07/23/2007 09:10AM

I would like to get a bimini for my Sonic 23. Ottawa can get very hot being so close to Parliament. Has anyone tried making one from parts purchased at various stores? How much should I expect to pay to have a bimini made? The boat is great sails very well.

Re: Sonic sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Jorge (IP Logged)
Date: 10/05/2007 07:21PM

Hi Mike,

I recently purchased a Sonic 23 and would love to have a chat about your experience with the boat and maybe see some pictures of yours. I am in Cooks Bay and there are not many Sonics around.

I have some question about how to measure mast rake on the boat, etc..

Do you have a number I can contact you at or just email back.

Looking forward toe xchanging some ideas.

Jorge

Re: Sonic sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Bill (IP Logged)
Date: 12/16/2007 02:10PM

I have a Sonic 23 for over 20 years. I love it!! It has been a Great sail boat for me. I'm thinking of selling it. I bought 65 area of hunting land in Michigan on a small lake. I have a boat slip at Augres Yacht that I could sell with it. Call at 989 652 6013. Frankenmuth, MI

Re: I have a Sonic 23 for sale (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Sails and Furlers) (About Nautical Ads)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy jean pierre gaudreau (IP Logged)
Date: 03/22/2008 01:36PM

I have a Sonic 23 for the last generation

Re: I have a Sonic 23 for sale (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy ken gray (IP Logged)
Date: 07/08/2008 08:10PM

Hi,

I need to replace the part of the main sheet cleat that has the cam cleats on it. DOes anyone know who the manufacturer of the cleat is? The logo looks like a sailboat with a 'C' then something then another 'C'.

Re: Sonic sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Ken Gray (IP Logged)
Date: 07/08/2008 08:16PM

Hi,

I need to replace the part of the mainsheet cleat that contains the cam cleat - it is bent and beginning to split.

Do you know who the manufacturer of this hardware is?

Thanks
Ken

Hello is anyone still using this site ? (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy M. T. R (IP Logged)
Date: 04/09/2009 09:02PM

Hello,
Your last post over 1 yr ago...ouch. Looks like the site is dying ?
I hope not as I am in the process of purchasing a Sonic 23. Just wanted to know is she could handle heavy air OK. I have small children, and don't want an overly tender boat.
Anyway if anyone is still out there.....HI !!!
Hope to hear from you !

Cheers.....

Re: Hello is anyone still using this site ? (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Amiral (am) | E: Admiral (Adm)F : Amiral (am) | E: Admiral (Adm) Yves JULIEN (IP Logged)
Date: 04/10/2009 04:09PM

Hello MTR,

This site is used but the English side is not as popular as the French side. Nevertheless, several hundred messages are posted every year here.

Regards,

Yves

"Voile

Re: Hello is anyone still using this site ? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Scott Hiland (IP Logged)
Date: 04/24/2009 09:25PM

I'm about to buy a sonic 23 and I plan on spending some time here as I work through a first-time boat owner's experiences with it.

Re: Hello is anyone still using this site ? (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy John D (IP Logged)
Date: 05/19/2009 12:04PM

I've had a Sonic for the past 15 yrs. It sure can handle heavy air as long as you take a reef or two in the mainsail when needed. In fact like any boat you have to adjust to the conditions. This boat does not heel as much as most of the sailboats of this size.

Re: Sonic sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Bassam Shmordok (IP Logged)
Date: 06/26/2009 10:59AM

Hello All

I just put an offer on a 81 Sonic 23, it is my first boat and will have it in the water by July 15th.
It seems that owners of this boat love it, If this is a good boat to learn sailing on and how forgiving it is?

Cheers

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Christian (THALASSA), Daniel L., Dede_M25, Denis K850, Flagman101, Foxtail, Guillaume C., Jonathan, Patrice, ZeGrizzly, ceduluxe, claude calva, denis gregoire, jproy, lionel cormier, luman, maubeche, torngats
+ Online Guests: 472
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.