Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mistral 12 (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Frank... (IP Logged)
Date: 01/04/2009 05:53PM

Hey Wilson

About the repair, it is fairly easy to do and you should be able to do it by yourself. Go grad a fiberglass cloth and polyester resin kit at the hardware store.

Enjoy!
Frank

Re: Mistral 12 (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Wilson Gunn (IP Logged)
Date: 01/05/2009 10:07PM

Thanks Frank.

Got it cut and now waiting for warm weather to do the resin work.

I see from a 2006 entry that you have a Mistral 12.

I just purchased one and am confused about the rigging. Particularly the main sheet and the jib sheet cleats. I have a double block for the boom and another one for the cockpit block attached to the centerboard housing, but no cleat that I can discern. Also on the gunale I have what appears to be a cleat for the jib but just forward is a strange through- hole that I am guessing prevents the sheet from pulling out of the cleat. Do you have any information about access to a manual that would show the rigging?

Also do you know any place where Mistral 12 owners chat?

Thanks,
Wilson Gunn
wilson.gunn@comcast.net

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Paul McGlothlin (IP Logged)
Date: 08/03/2009 04:11PM

I just recently acquired what I believe is a Mistral 4.04. It sat outside for several years in the weather and I am trying to bring it back to life. I would like to get an owner's manual or at least a copy of a manual for one of the other sizes if possible, so I can try to get the rigging correct.

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Sergio (IP Logged)
Date: 04/05/2010 11:07AM

Wow Sourire  - smiling smiley
I've just bye a Mistral 16 with cabin and I want to restore.
You have the factory owners manual for it !!!

Did you put the info on-line ?

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Chuck Hill (IP Logged)
Date: 08/01/2010 08:11PM

Some buddy answered your question that they had a factory manule for a Mistral 16
if it is possible could you send me a copy to down load?
I've just bought a mistral 16 and cant for the life of me figger how the front stay is instald mine has a furrowing jib which seams to be acting as the front stay. I also having trouble figgering out the spinacre.

Re: Mistral 12 - Mast Support (Boat maintenance) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy paul kehler (IP Logged)
Date: 08/22/2010 07:19PM

Is it possible to get a copy of the owners manual for the Mistral? I need some specificstions for the rudder and tiller. Thanks Paul.K Edmonton

Re: Mistral 12 - Mast Support (Boat maintenance) (Comment or Suggestion) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Nicolas Bergeron (IP Logged)
Date: 08/28/2010 02:00PM

Hi,

I also own a Mistral 16 and I would love to see the owner manual. Do someone have a scan of it?

Thanks,
Nicolas.

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Sails and Furlers)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy DARRYL KELLY (IP Logged)
Date: 08/30/2010 02:40AM

LOOKING FOR THE MISTRAL 16 MANUAL

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy hmomistral12 (IP Logged)
Date: 08/18/2011 01:26PM

I have a Mistral 12 which has a problem with internal flooding. The self bailer works properly, but the drainage? port below it on the stern apparently allows water to flow into the flotation chambers in the hull. I am not sure what is the purpose of this port which appears to not require a plug. The question is does it require a plug? There are some cracks in the interior between the sole and the vertical rise of the seat. This may be how some water is entering but I do not understand how such a large volume of water is entering the flotation chambers. The cockpit floor does remain dry as the boat takes on water internally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 02:10PM by hmomistral12.

Re: Mistral 16 sailboat (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Bfranchini (IP Logged)
Date: 09/22/2014 07:35PM

Hi to all
I fully Alize that this is an old thread but, if there is still anyone out there I just bought a Mistral 16 with cabin. Love it unfortunately the weather is turning and I am not really a great sailor... Last time I took her out she was going backwards... No matter. I am restoring her and doing some changes both in the cabin and in the cockpit. For one I am planning of changing the old rusty original centerboard winch with a sexy brand new Fulton F2 one. Changed the rotten running lights and just ordered new sails because the ones I have must have been used at the battle of Trafalgar.
Furthermore, since I am a cedar strip canoe builder (hobby only,too expensive for most canoeists) I am familiar with both wood and West System epoxy so I am planning to epoxy some light wood panelling in the cabin to give it that grown up yacht look.
More work planned is to rebuild the electrical system, the former owner didn't think it was needed because he only sailed during the day, but one never knows better have some lights just in case and at last a good scrub down and a spray paint job. By June she'll look like new.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Christian (THALASSA), Daniel L., Dede_M25, Denis K850, Flagman101, Foxtail, Guillaume C., Jonathan, Patrice, ZeGrizzly, ceduluxe, claude calva, denis gregoire, jproy, lionel cormier, luman, maubeche, torngats
+ Online Guests: 472
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.