Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
nmea wiring problem (Electronic/computer on board)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy mesange (IP Logged)
Date: 01/25/2011 08:06AM

ok i am a dinosaure with computer and i am scared of burning or frying anything here, i decided to refresh the electronics on my boat so i got a new autopilot, it is a simrad tp22, and a new vhf, wich is a standard horizon eclipse dsc gx1000s, and a new depth-knot meter from raymarine(bidata st 40), i already had a garmin gpsmap 60 cx, so i bougth the cable to have it comunicate with the other instrument....

so far i get that the autopilot can only have one thing talking to it so i dont really need to hook up nmea conection to the depth and knot meter, since i want the autopilot and the gps to communicate and the gps and the vhf to comunicate in case of emergency,is the vhf going to talk with the autopilot,i sure hope not but who know...

now i have to play with as wires...

VHF purple-nmea out(pos), green-nmea out(neg), blue-nmea in(pos)

GPS brown-serial data out, white serial data in, black ground, red power 10-32VDC

PILOT one sim net plug, red 12VDC POS, black 0V, red nmea data out pos, blue nmea out common

so now here i sit with a bunch of wire and no idea wich one goes with wich! they are all tiny and they all scare the crap out of me that i migth burn one of them new toy, i know they are all the same nmea 0183 from wath i can see , but iis there some guru out there who could put a diagram on how to plug them, or offer a good explanation of how to plug them!

thank in advance for any advice!

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Christian (THALASSA), Daniel L., Dede_M25, Denis K850, Flagman101, Foxtail, Guillaume C., Jonathan, Patrice, ZeGrizzly, ceduluxe, claude calva, denis gregoire, jproy, lionel cormier, luman, maubeche, torngats
+ Online Guests: 472
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.