Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Volvo MB2 and OMC Saildrive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Sean Brackstone (IP Logged)
Date: 11/23/2006 12:56PM

I represent a british company called Marine Enterprises Ltd and one of our products is an engine called the saildrive 330. it is just like a Volvo MB2 50s, only it is now electric start with a 10Amp charging unit. It puts out 15hp but fits in the same space and even the same base unit as the original volvo engine. The volvo was based on a Honda engine and its replacement which is built in sweden is based on a Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke outboard powerhead. the engine weighs just under 50kg and runs on normal unleaded petrol. If there is any interest, please email me for a brochure and more information. We are the sole uk distributor so this engine is exclusive to Marine Enterprises Ltd.

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Saildrive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Timo Lehtonen (IP Logged)
Date: 12/24/2006 06:33PM

hello!
How´s it about OMC saildrive (15hp), can you replace the old OMC egine with your Saildrive 330?

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Graham Johnson (IP Logged)
Date: 04/18/2007 11:36AM

Hi.

I currently have a Leisure 23 with an MB2a /50s engine. I am looking to replace this unit with the minimum of hassle.

What do you suggest?

Regards,

Graham

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Saildrive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Sean Brackstone (IP Logged)
Date: 05/31/2007 06:20AM

Dear Graham

If you want do do it with the minimum of fuss then use a Saildrive 330. You will be able to use the same fuel tank and lines, controls and even the engine base (with a couple of small mods). It is much lighter than a diesel (only 50KG) and comes complete with instrument panel, key electric start, electronic choke, seasling ring, new engine base, 3 blade propeller... If you email me at marineenterprisesltd@ukonline.co.uk with your name and address i will mail you the brochure and price list. It may be more expensive than a diesel but you will have to make fewer modifications to the boat.

Best Regards

Sean Brackstone - Marine Enterprises Ltd

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Saildrive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy David (IP Logged)
Date: 09/18/2007 06:51PM

FYI: Suzuki P/N 17461-98501 (Sierra 18-3097) water pump impeller works as a replacment for MB2 saildrives. The major difference is this impeller has 6 fins vs. the orignal with 12. I have installed on and it work great!

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Peter Stenberg (IP Logged)
Date: 05/18/2008 02:12PM

Hi David,

I also tried the Suzuki impeller on my MB2 but it failed.

Was there anything else that I´m supposed to do to get it right

It simply wont pump any cooling water...

Regards,

Peter Stenberg

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Howard Kember (IP Logged)
Date: 06/27/2008 02:59PM

[www.mb2a50s.co.uk]

New MB2a/50s parts and services company.

Volvo saildrive MB2a50s parts & service (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Howard Kember (IP Logged)
Date: 07/11/2008 02:30PM

Volvo Mb2a50s parts and service company [www.mb2a50s.co.uk]

The answer for long term support for this engine all parts available.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Phil Lovett-Darby (IP Logged)
Date: 11/06/2008 06:11PM

any suggestions for the replacement of the omc saildrive grayefuly recieved

Posted by: F : Matelot de 2e classe (mat 2) | E: Able Seaman (AB) johndoe (IP Logged)
Date: 12/27/2008 12:10PM

Hi

Peter Stenberg said that the impeller failed, did anybody experienced the same problem if so what happen exactly? I do not want to install an impeller and have to take the boat out of the water to replace it again.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy N. Conlon (IP Logged)
Date: 01/17/2010 04:04PM

Please email me spec on SAILDRIVE 280 AND 330 including price list.

Posted by: F : Matelot de 2e classe (mat 2) | E: Able Seaman (AB) johndoe (IP Logged)
Date: 01/30/2010 11:38PM

I was anxious to look at the spec of the 330 but it will not fit in my boat.

I own 3 MB2a/50S right now and I intend to sell one on demand. I bought one last summer for my friend but he sold his boat. If someone interested call me.

John
Quebec.

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Saildrive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Sandy (IP Logged)
Date: 05/08/2010 04:51PM

Hi
I know it is some time since this post.
I am looking for a base complete for this engine.
Any suggestions

Sandy

Date: 05/13/2010 03:07PM

Hi

What do you mean by: a complete base??
Are talking about the fiberglass bed wich hold the engine in place ? If so, they are very rare.

dA friend of mine who live in Englan has one for rent. You pay the shipping and it's cost and get a refund when you ship it back. You make your own base by copying his.

I know he is pretty busy ath this time but you should try this forum:

[www.mb2a50s.co.uk]

Good luck

John

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Gordon Washburn (IP Logged)
Date: 06/06/2010 09:02PM

Do you still have a mb2/50 for sale

Date: 06/16/2010 07:29PM

Hi,

Yes I have one. It has been rebuild last year and I was keeping it in case my original one would die but I have another spare one. I might be interested in selling it. Write me in privite as to know where you are from.

Cheers

John

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Don Rogers (IP Logged)
Date: 08/08/2010 05:33PM

I presently own an O'Day 28 with an OMC two cycle sail drive engine. I would like information about replacing it with a newer engine - possibly a diesel saildrive. How do I get information about this? I am located in Western New York on Lake Ontario.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Ken D'Orsay (IP Logged)
Date: 09/01/2010 02:41AM

Can anyone out there tell me if they have ever heard of a Honda saildrive and if so, where I can find information. I have searched the Internet but , except for one picture of a Honda 280cc engine in an Antrim 27 I can find no further info. I am the proud owner of an OMC 16S10G which is attached to a Zephyr saildrive. This has been a wonderful little unit to this point but I am thinking it won't last forever. I'd love to know that the Honda is available in a saildrive and can be acquired for a reasonable price. Thanking anyone with information in advance.

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Sail drive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Ken D'Orsay (IP Logged)
Date: 09/19/2010 02:18AM

As so many others it seems, I need information too about the sail drive 280 and how to get in touch with the people who build it or sell it. I presently have an OMC/zephyr sail drive unit and want to change it out. Sounds like the 280 would be a good fit. I'd appreciate and feed back regarding this upgrade

Re: Volvo MB2 and OMC Sail drive Replacement Engine (Comment or Suggestion) (Comment or Suggestion)
Date: 11/11/2010 04:43PM

The sail drive 280 is out of production, Now they sell the 330.

[www.pridemarine.com]

or
[www.google.ca]

for more info

Hondo do not make any saildrive. The MB2a/50 can be replace for the head with the BF6

Bye

John

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Flagman101, Pierre B39, denis4, jproy
+ Online Guests: 427
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.