Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy t.cheesman (IP Logged)
Date: 03/03/2007 06:25PM

I believe this to be older than 1982

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Ideas and gadgets)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Steve (IP Logged)
Date: 03/20/2007 10:20PM

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong w/ my motor. It runs fine w/ the cover off, but with it on its like its starving for air. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Steven (IP Logged)
Date: 03/23/2007 07:19PM

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong w/ my motor. It runs fine w/ the cover off, but with it on its like its starving for air. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Posted by: F : Vice-amiral (vam) | E: Vice-Admiral (VAdm)F : Vice-amiral (vam) | E: Vice-Admiral (VAdm) Antoine (C&C 30) (IP Logged)
Date: 03/26/2007 01:29PM

Have you check/clean the air filter element lately? Sounds like a suffocating engine.

C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme (Renaud)

Antoine (C&C 30)

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Ideas and gadgets)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy ez (IP Logged)
Date: 07/28/2007 04:55AM

le pot d'échapement est percé
try to translate with google Ive no time to do it

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) 1010308 (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Michael (IP Logged)
Date: 11/17/2007 10:51AM

Hi

I just purchased a 20ft Fish Eagle boat which came with a Volvo Penta 99 4 stroke.
I have noticed this is a Honda 9.9hp.
My problem is the part that locks the twist grip to the tiller arm is broken and looking on the Honda parts list it does not appear to be listed, or I can't see it.
Could someone tell me where I can purchase this part.
I would also like to know Year of manufacture. I also wish to enquire about something mentioned on this forum stating that this is a 13.2hp engine restricted to 10hp by means of a screw in the carb inlet. Is this true.

Kind Regards

Michael

Re: Honda BF75 (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Michael Wassmuth (IP Logged)
Date: 01/28/2008 03:57PM

I have a older BF75 Honda four stroke motor that I in the process of replacing the tiller setting frame. This is the bracket that bolts to the motor and the tiller arm connects to. The question I have is, can the shifting rod be split some how? It runs through a hole in the bracket and I can't see where it can be split, or do I have to remove the lower unit? It doesn't look like this would be the best way, so I thought I would ask this group.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike Wassmuth

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Electronic/computer on board)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy david john webb (IP Logged)
Date: 05/27/2008 05:57AM

hi i have got hold of an old Honda 100 10hp and i have no spark at the plug i notice some wires were removed can any one please help it is a pull start regards Dave

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Electronic/computer on board)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy mike (IP Logged)
Date: 07/29/2008 12:50AM

I have an 86 Honda BF100 outboard, Fuel is leaking from the inlet under the engine cover, Where the fuel supply line plugs in need advice , not sure if there is a seal or something that met have come off. Thank you

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy GEO MATTHEWS (IP Logged)
Date: 11/19/2008 01:53AM

can a 15 hp 4 stroke honda be made into say 20HP HONDA WITHOUT MUCH FUSS I SEE DISPLACMENT IS 350 FOR BOTH

Re: Honda BF100 ( ) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Orrin (IP Logged)
Date: 11/23/2008 01:17PM

I have an older bf100, took it out yesterday, it was running great then I noticed the green light was flashing on and off, then off, then the engine died and would not restart. after about 10 minutes I was able to get the engine to restart (I was drifting in the middle of the San Joaquin river at the time) but the engine died right away. My question is there an engine kill switch connected to the oil light or are the chances that I just killed my engine?

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy David Bakody (IP Logged)
Date: 01/08/2009 06:46PM

Orin..... chances are you had an oil failure .... perhaps you know by now ... the light is the key .... when it is on all is fine, the fact it restarted after a short shut down probably meant it cooled down and the fail switch was working because it would not have started under any circumstances. Having said that I hope you took it the proper repair shop and told them the full story and had it checked and repaired before any serious damage.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Ron Bloom (IP Logged)
Date: 04/21/2009 01:42PM

I have recently purchased a used Honda outboard 10 hp, serial # BF100-1701465....

First question is what is the actual model year of that motor ?

Second question, is when I try to run it in a tank, I pull out the choke full, to start, it starts well but when I let it run for a minute, then push in the choke...it dies. If I repeat 'pull out choke, it starts well, but dies again when I push choke back in......any ideas ...carb kit needed ??

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Chris T (IP Logged)
Date: 05/09/2009 09:05PM

Does anyone know where you can get an on-line service manual for a BF100? I am having trouble diagnosing what I believe is a timing issue. I would like to know how to test the "pulser coil" and "cdi unit".
Thanks
Chris

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy fred5977 (IP Logged)
Date: 06/02/2009 03:56PM

Can someone please help with a BF100 issue? I have a BF100E I bought from a guy last year. He said there was fuel leaking from the carb. Brought it home, fired it up, ran fine with no leaking fuel. I put it away for the winter without running it any further. I just fired it up to get ready for this season and, low and behold, fuel spewing out the carb everywhere.

It seems like the carb is flooding real bad. The motor fired up first pull, but soon quit and I couldn't get it re-started. I disconnected the fuel line from the tank and pulled for a while. Eventually it fired up again and ran decent until it ran all the fuel out of the bowl.

Float issue? Would that explain why it's an intermittent problem? The most noticable fuel leaking out of the carb is from a hole top center of the carb. Spews out of that hole like crazy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are these carbs hard to re-build? Where can I find parts?

Thanks!

BF7.5 (Ideas and gadgets)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Torstein Aam (IP Logged)
Date: 10/28/2009 05:09PM

Hi!

I have a BF75 with number bf751202360. Does anyone know what year it was produced or were I can find out? I have a bf100 cam and carb jet I am going to change, guess it will get abit stronger :) .

Regards Torstein Aam

Re: Honda BF100 ( )
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy jay (IP Logged)
Date: 01/21/2010 09:47PM

can anyone tell me the torque spec for a bf100

Re: Honda BF100 ( )
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy riverranger24 (IP Logged)
Date: 11/01/2014 02:34PM

A lot of great information on this thread. One thing I was noticing about the "high thrust" discussion, the dealer answering felt there was a lot of difference between the standard models and the HTs. I checked. What I found was all the specs seem the same re hp and gear ratio, but they ship the standard motor with a 3 blade 9 or 10 pitch, and the HTs ship with an over sized 4 blade 5 pitch prop. The HTs have nearly twice the over all propeller blade area at close to half the pitch. Also, it looks like they chose a stock 10hp prop for the B100 despite it only having 8 hp at the final output shaft. An 8 horse HT 2 stroke would run a 4 blade prop a full inch less diameter between 4 and 7 pitch.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Flagman101, Pierre B39, denis4, jproy
+ Online Guests: 428
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.