Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
DS-22 Vision 660 For sale ( )
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Bill (IP Logged)
Date: 08/02/2006 04:49PM

Burlington Vermont Sailboat Lake Champlain Fresh water.
Awesome Boat!! Moving up to a 26. I put reinforced aluminum/dense plastic underneath the stanchion bases. No more deck leaks! Ever.
Evinrude 9 HP, Trailer, Dinghy, New Cushions, solar panel, porta potti, 4 Hood Headsails, main and Spinnaker (all excellent cond) with pole. two anchors, bumpers, lines, VF radio, ladder, more.
$5200. Everything.
Bill burrellpottery@yahoo.com

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Joey (IP Logged)
Date: 01/03/2007 11:33PM

Hello all, I just purchased a 1982 ds22 and there is no owners manual or users manual with it. I was hoping someone would have some type of printed material that I could get a copy of. Thanks!!
Joey

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy rdm (IP Logged)
Date: 03/01/2007 08:26PM

I am looking at buying a DS 22 and would like to get an electronic owner's manual. Any suggestions. Other than the undersized rudder are there any more gremlins that I should look for when inspecting the boat? Thanks for the help.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Brent D (IP Logged)
Date: 03/16/2007 11:47PM

The DS 22 is an excellent boat. We have had the Vision 660 version in the family for years. Other "gremlins" in this boat are as follows and please get a competent marine survey done before purchasing.

Wet Decks. Ds 22s have a lot of deck hardware for a 22. Everything from winches galore to teak handrails and all of it leaks through to the core at one time or another. Part of maintenance to this boat is a constant re-bedding of all deck hardware. I learned this too late and now have considerable soft core in much of the deck.

Wet Transom. The designer Bruce Kirby installed an aluminum capping rail to the deck hull joint at the transom. The screws that hold it down penetrate the transom core and if not maintained with acrylic caulk, water will get in there and rot the core. I'm currently in the process of re-building the transom.

Window Gaskets. The old grey rubber Plexiglas gaskets get old and crack. Mine have. now it rains inside the cabin. They are on my to be replaced list for this year too.

Centerboard. It became sticky a few years ago and then one day the webbing strap that controls it broke. Beaching the boat and pulling it down on her side from the top of the mast allowed me access and I replaced the parts. Now its just sticky. At the beginning of the season its tough to bring down. After removing the galley counter top I beat on the top of the centerboard with a thick piece of rebar till it goes down. Then I don't retract it fully all year.

Other than that the boat has been easy to own and sail. It has a strong rig and a great sail plan that is easy to change or upgrade.

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Rob (IP Logged)
Date: 10/05/2008 07:33PM

Is $9800.00 to much for a 1985 DS 22 that is in pretty good shape. This would be my first sailboat and have heard many good things about it.

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Rod Mac Donald (IP Logged)
Date: 11/19/2008 09:44AM

I have a Hughes North Star 22. I am told it is very similar to the ds 22. I would like info on the water set up and most important the keel. It is stuck up. Can we remove the keel/ housing from the boat and refurbish it so it won't stick?
Any help would be appreciated.
Rod

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Ideas and gadgets)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Calvin Greenstien (IP Logged)
Date: 11/24/2008 02:15PM

Hello I just bought a vision 660 could you send me pictures of the the boom vang modifications that you have done to you boat also if you have mod. your rutter thank you calvin

Looking for a DS22/Vision660 in southern BC (About Nautical Ads)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Paul McIsaac (IP Logged)
Date: 07/09/2009 07:07PM

I have read a lot about the DS22/Vision 660 on this site, but note little new messages of late.

I am a CYA sailing teacher and would consider this for my Basic Cruising course. Are there any out there?

Paul McIsaac
(604) 414-7072

Vision 660 - DS22 (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Hellooo.. (IP Logged)
Date: 07/10/2009 06:25PM

Hello everyone. My wife and I have had a Vision 660 for over eight years now. It seems that all of the owners have the same problems with their boats as I do (and small problems at that). I see that most of the folks are form the northern side of the Great Lakes. Any one form southern side?

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Dusty (IP Logged)
Date: 07/21/2009 01:42PM

Hello All...I just bought a DS 22 and was wondering if any knew where I could pick up an owners manual or electrical manual for my boat...I am new to sailing and nay info would be a great help....cheers...Dusty

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy lorne (IP Logged)
Date: 02/27/2010 08:08PM

Would love to get in touch with anyone who may own a Vision 660 as I just picked up one last year and love but would love to see what some other owners have done to their boats in the way of upgrades or performance....pictures of other 660's would be great too....

Re: DS 22 owners? (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Dan (IP Logged)
Date: 07/10/2010 05:59PM

I just bought a Vision 660. If anyone has any manuals, tips and what not, I would be most grateful!

Dan

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Corvette, Daniel L., Dede_M25, Flagman101, Foxtail, J-F (Hunter 28), Jacques P, Michel_V27, Ti-Mousse, lionel cormier, maubeche
+ Online Guests: 520
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 864 on March 26, 2019 10:26PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.