Affordable Yachting

English Forum
Boat & Sailboat forum. Questions? comments? Need to know? Want to share? This is the place ! 
Bienvenue sur notre forum
Pour discuter avec les membres, vous devrez enregistrer un compte. C'est gratuit !
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Gord Graziano (IP Logged)
Date: 07/06/2006 11:34PM

I have a Kelt 7.6 with an unusual, though original lock on the hatch boards. The lock is stamped on the back with the name Select. I have been to several locksmiths / key cutters and none have the correct blank to cut additional keys. Has anyone been able to get keys cut for the lock on a Kelt 7.6. I figure it is just a matter of time till I loose the single key that I have. Any information, suggestions is most appreciated.

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Marcel (IP Logged)
Date: 07/12/2006 06:56AM

Sorry no idea, about a "kelt association"
I have another problem. I need a "stabilisation certificat" (stabiliti-curve) for a Kelt 8.5.
Can you help, me where I can get one?

Thanks
best wishes

Marcel

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Colin Palmer (IP Logged)
Date: 07/12/2006 04:58PM

I have just changed the keel pin in my 1984 Kelt 850. What would you liek to know?

Colin

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Barrie Towers (IP Logged)
Date: 08/20/2006 03:35PM

Hi

I have just purchased a 1982 Kelt 7.60 with lifting centre plate, I am in the process of a refurbishment and although I have not got around to the centre plate and mechanism yet, I would like to know if there is anying, like the pivit pin etc that I should be concerned about? Its out of the water and on its trailer at the moment and I can here a clunking side to side noise when I rock the boat, is this normall? and are there any side plates and does the problem go away when sailing? I look forward to someone helping me out with this.

Regards

Barrie

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Boat maintenance) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Greg White (IP Logged)
Date: 09/24/2006 08:48PM

I have a Kelt 7.6 with an anoying leak. I cannot detect water coming in anywhere but seem to constantly have 1/2 inch of water in the "bildge". I've dried the bilge serveral times with a wet/dry shop vac - the only bildge pump I've found that will work in the Kelt's flat bildge, but it always returns although at the same time never seems to accumulate much beyond 1/2 inch if the boat is left unattended for say a week. I would assume from this the source of the leak is the deck but I've checked windows, etc. and can't seem to find a source. Anyone have any suggestings?

Also need to replace my genoa and like the shape holding ability of laminates but am wondering about the durability. Does anyone have any experience with North Norlam?

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Boat maintenance) (Boat maintenance) (Sails
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy tom hand (IP Logged)
Date: 10/28/2006 05:09PM

I am a former Kelt 7.6 owner but bought a Gibsea 7.6 that needed restoring. I looked at local sail lofts and then found airforcesails.com on the internet They produced a set of high tech sails that were less in price than regular cloth sails. The secret is that while they use US cloth, the cutting etc is done in China and then finished in Charleston SC. Even when you add in shipping and tax, it came out better. The sails are very good; the Genny came loose when the furling came undone in a 75 MPH storm, and hauled the boat nearly out of the water. Aside from some wrinkles it still is in good shape. Check them out.
Tom

Kelt 8 Metre Club
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Brian M (IP Logged)
Date: 02/20/2007 06:36PM

Is there a Kelt 8 Metre Club? If so I'd be interested in joining up. I have a Kelt 8 metre and it is based on the south coast of Ireland.

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Lyndon (IP Logged)
Date: 03/16/2007 10:40AM

Only just found this site and I'm just about to sell my Kelt 850..........
I checked the pin on my kelt by cutting away the glass either side of the centre board case in the area of the pin - checked it and then reglassed.
The pin is heavy stainless tube and mine had no sign of wear after 20 years!

[sarahandlyndon.googlepages.com]

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy alan johnston (IP Logged)
Date: 03/20/2007 04:22PM

hi,ihave centreboard Kelt 29,1986, with stiff keel and would like to remove and renew pivot pin, can you advise how best to approach? do not fancy dropping whole ground plate assembly, if not necessary. thanks alan

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy stuart (IP Logged)
Date: 03/29/2007 09:00AM

I have a Kelt 850 which I sail out of Dun Laoire. Why don't we start an Owners Association, I believe there are about 1200 Kelt in existence. What would it take to get it up and running?

Stuart
stuartnelson@eircom.net

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Electronic/computer on board)
Date: 04/12/2007 04:58PM

hi,can you advise how to remove keel pin on kelt29, mine is stiff in operation. i do not fancy dropping whole grounding plate for access! thanks alan.

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Boat maintenance)
Date: 04/12/2007 05:07PM

hi,peter,as i am also trying to check keel pin on 29,did you find out method? thanks alan

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Stuart (IP Logged)
Date: 04/13/2007 10:17AM

Hi

I am just about to re-engine a Kelt 850 from a 23 year old Yanmar 1gm10 to a Beta 16.5 HP. Does anyone know the correct size prop for the kelt 850.

Regards

Stuart

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy phil webb (IP Logged)
Date: 05/04/2007 04:19PM

re Gord Graziano-I have a Kelt 8 which has the same locks with the brand name Select
I was never able to source a spare key. However I managed to change the hatch lock
for one very similar from a company called Evasion Plein Air at a place called
St Jouan les Guerets near St Malo in France. The price if I recall was the equivalent of 30 pounds sterling.

On adifferent vein does anyone have the original specifications of the Kelt 8
ie weight and displacement etc or any brochures I could get a copy of?
Thanks Phil

Re: Kelt 8 Metre Club (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy phil webb (IP Logged)
Date: 05/04/2007 04:48PM

Hi Brian M, I too have a Kelt 8 and would be interested in joining a club. According
to some French owners I spoke to there was one at one time in France. I think a club
would have to be for all Kelt owners as there seem to be very few Kelt 8s outside
France. I have heard this model was only sold in France and that 400 were built.
If you have any specifications eg weight and displacement I would be interested,
also copies of any original documentation.

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Various - Pot-Pourri) ( ) (Electronic/computer on board) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Opinion about this sail boat?) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Various - Pot-Pourri) (Boat maintenance)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Barrie Towers (IP Logged)
Date: 05/05/2007 04:24PM

Hi Colin

I have a kelt 7.60 with a centre plate, it may be simular to yours? Mine has failed (its clanging from sid to side) the pin looks like is in the stub keel so will have to exposed first, can the centre plate be extracted from the top if I remove the table or must it drop through the bottom? (difficult when sat on a low trailer. Any tips / advice would be welcomed.

Regards

Barrie Towers

Kelt Owner Association (Various - Pot-Pourri)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Aart Korstjens (IP Logged)
Date: 05/15/2007 05:36AM

There is a Kelt Owner Association in the Netherlands. They have a website at www.keltclub.nl For more info send email to korstjens@hotmail.com

Greetings from the Netherlands

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Jocelyn (IP Logged)
Date: 06/27/2007 09:57AM

Hello there.

I am ever glad to have found this line of info. To make a long story short, I am a sailor who presently resides in Alberta. My wife and I are seriously considering purchasing a larger boat and so far, the Kelt 760 is our primary choice. Unfortunately I can only rely on information and pictures found from the internet since most of those boats are found in Quebec and Ontario. What I am hoping to do is to get in touch with the owner of such a boat so that I may be able to do some boat talk and actually see an example it. I will be in the Montreal area (Contrecoeur) in August (9th- 13th) for a wedding in our family. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

jddjsm@shaw.ca or jchagnon@altaflights.com

Re: Kelt Owner Association (Comment or Suggestion) (Opinion about this sail boat?)
Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Bob Leonard (IP Logged)
Date: 07/09/2007 09:23AM

We have a Kelt 31 ( 9 MTR ) on the east coast. I know of a 8 Mtr at Mistley on the River Stour. We would be keen to join a Kelt owners club if there is one, If not can we form one?

Posted by: F : Moussaillon - E : Ship's Boy Greg (IP Logged)
Date: 07/10/2007 08:22PM

To access the Kelt owner's association tune your browser to [uk.groups.yahoo.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

This forum is possible because of the generous contributions of our Members and Clients. Check out their service and goods.

Thanks for your support!

Our Members
Standard Members
Support Members
Corporate Members

Their Services
Boat For Sale
Small Craft

Boat Rental
Charters & Sailing Courses
Flotillas and charter
Charter Club
Blue Water Crossing

Nautical Flee Market
Various

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Log in, it's free!
Online Users (Administrator)
Antilag, Capricorne, Dede_M25, Flagman101, Mario (Laser 28), Namor, Patrice, Sugata, Voiliergalwaybay, aquaterra, ceduluxe, demetan-F29, doucejenny22, jcote75, jproy, lilicybel, maubeche, meo, skadi
+ Online Guests: 461
Record Number of Registered Users online at the same time: 147 on June 13, 2011 10:02PM
Record Number of Guests online at the same time: 678 on May 16, 2014 02:01PM

You like our Forums? Help us improve our service.
Make a donation to Affordable Yachting. Cliquer ici pour faire un don.

Stay well informed of our activities, register to our electronic news letter. It's free! Click Here. 

Affordable Yachting is offering you these forums free of charge with the sole purpose of promoting positive exchange between sailors. All the messages published on these forums are the sole responsibility of the author. Affordable Yachting and the members of is executive decline all responsibilities about the content and the nature of any messages published by the authors.

If you feel that a message is abusive, defamatory or in any manners aggressive to you, please inform us so we can take the appropriate actions. Clic on the following link Report This Message in the options bellow the message.

This forum powered by Phorum.